Bison Kofta Kababs
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 6 portions
Created By: The Modern Proper
Mediterranean spiced bison kofta kebabs with tzatziki are a great way to use ground bison. They make a perfect platter on their own, but really are the ultimate party food! Gorgeous, delicious – and when you make them with bison – extra nutritious!
Tap For Ingredients
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Run the onions through a food processor fit with the grating attachment, or grate them by hand. Lay the grated onion on a paper towel and squeeze it to wring out any excess liquid.
- Combine the lean or extra lean ground bison, onion, garlic, pepper, salt, rosemary, cumin, oregano, sumac and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Mix the meat and spices gently together using your hands, being careful not to over mix. Meat can be cooked right away, but it will taste better if it has time to sit. You can even prep the bison kofta mixture a day ahead and refrigerate it until you’re ready to cook.
- Using one hand to mold the bison meat and the other to hold the skewer, pack about ½ cup of meat around the end of each skewer.
- Lay the meat on the preheated, oiled grill and cook until cooked through, rotating the skewers with tongs every 2-3 minutes, for a total of 8-10 mins.
More Recipes for Entertaining
2 lb / 454 g Noble Premium Ground Bison
1/2 onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sumac (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Tap For Directions