Bison Ribeye Steak Crostini
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 8 minutes + 5 minutes rest time | Total Time: 23 minutes | Serves: 20 portions
Created By: Lena's Kitchen
- Bring your steak to room temperature before cooking. Leave it uncovered on the kitchen counter for at least an hour.
- Preheat your cast iron pan to high heat.
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel. Season with salt on both sides.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan, then add the steak. Using thongs, press down the steak to ensure it touches the surface of the pan.
- Sauté on medium high heat for 1 minute each side to sear. Reduce heat to medium and cook each side 3 minutes.
- Use an instant read thermometer for best results. We suggest enjoying bison steaks at medium-rare (135˚F) and do not cook past medium.
- Remove steak to a plate or cutting board. Top with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the steak from the pan to a cutting board. Carve across the grain into thin slices. You want to get at least 20 slices.
Preheat the broiler to medium-high. Add the olive oil to a shallow dish. Brush each slice of the baguette with oil and arrange them oil-side up on a baking sheet. Broil until they start to turn golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Watch closely so they don’t burn.
Boursin Horseradish Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the Boursin cheese, 2 teaspoons of water and horseradish. Use a spoon to break up the cheese and stir continuously until the cheese has completely melted (making sure that the cheese doesn’t burn). Once melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the crostini on a serving platter, add a small piece of steak on top of each piece. Top with a spoonful of the horseradish sauce. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and chopped chives.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
- 1 – 226 g Noble Premium Bison Steak
- sea salt
Boursin Horseradish Sauce
- 14-ounce Boursin cheese garlic & herb flavor
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 baguette sliced into 1/2”-thick slices, approximately 20 slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- balsamic glaze to drizzle each crostini
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped, for garnish