Grilled Lemongrass Bison Cold Rolls
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 8-10 rolls
Created By: Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Whisk together ingredients for the marinade. Pour over steak and allow to marinate overnight.
- Bring steak to room temperature and preheat grill to 450-475°F.
- Grill steak over direct heat for 2-3 minutes per side, or until an internal temperature of 130-135°F for medium rare is achieved.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- To assemble, gently wet rice paper in warm water and lay out on a flat surface. Take a small amount of each of the filling items and place a few slices of the bison steak on top. Less is more here!
- Carefully fold in the sides, then pretend you’re rolling a cigar or a burrito, and roll as tightly as you can.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
- Jamaican Bison Stew
1 226g (8oz) Inside Round Noble Premium Bison steak
2 tbsp (30ml) finely chopped lemongrass
2 tbsp (30ml) tamari
2 tbsp (30ml) grated ginger
2 tbsp (30ml) honey
1 tsp (5ml) fish sauce
2 tsp (10ml) chili garlic sauce
4-5 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tbsp (15ml) avocado oil
For the rolls:
8-10 sheets of rice paper
28g pea shoots
45g vermicelli noodles, cooked and fully cooled
2 medium carrots, shredded
1 mini cucumber, cut into thin strips
Peanut sauce for dipping