Grilled Bison Dressing with Cherries & Walnuts
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hr 15 min | Serves: One cast iron skillet
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Toast bread pieces in an oven or grill preheated to 425˚F for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add the butter, onions and bison. Cook until nicely browned – about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, and herbs and continue to cook for another minute or two. Add the white wine and Worcestershire and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat source and allow to cool slightly. Add the vegetable stock, beef cubes, walnuts and cherries. Stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the eggs and stir until fully incorporated. Over indirect heat on the grill (at 425˚F), or in a 425˚F oven, cook dressing for an hour. Garnish with more fresh rosemary and sage.
9 cups (approximately) roughly chopped or torn baguette
4 Tbsp butter
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 454g package Extra Lean Noble Premium Ground Bison
4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup white wine
1/2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce