Grilled Enoki Bison Rolls
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Total Time: 28 minutes | Serves: 24-26 rolls
Created By: Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Thinly slice bison steak into long strips.
- In a deep container, combine all ingredients for the marinade. Toss bison in marinade, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, break apart mushrooms into small bundles of about 3-4 mushrooms each. Place one strip of green onion on top.
- Take a strip of bison, and wrap it around the mushroom onion bundle. Continue until all bison strips are wrapped and the mushrooms/onions.
- Sprinkle some BBQ rub on top of the bundles.
- Preheat grill to 375-400°F. Grill bundles over direct heat until mushrooms are lightly crunchy on the edges, and the bison is fully cooked on all 4 sides – 2 minutes per side.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
- Jamaican Bison Stew
2 226g (8oz) Noble Premium Bison Striploin steaks
Zest and juice of one lime
1 tsp (.05ml) Chinese 5-spice powder
1 cup (250ml) beef broth
1 tbsp (15ml Worcestershire
1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) hoisin sauce
1 tsp (5ml) sriracha
1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) sesame oil
1 tsp (5ml) seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp (15ml) soya sauce
1 tbsp (15ml) finely grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced