Bison Smash Cheeseburger Tacos
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 4-6 minutes | Total Time: 19-21 minutes | Serves: 6
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Preheat griddle to medium high heat (between 425-450°F).
- Use a sharp knife to divide the bison into 6 equal portions. Take a portion of the meat, and smear it on a tortilla in a thin, even layer. Use your finger tips to push the meat against the tortilla firmly, and bring it as close to the edge of the tortilla as possible. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining portions of bison and tortillas.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the smash burger sauce and set aside.
- Lightly oil the griddle, and place the tortilla on the surface, with the bison side facing down. Use a burger press or griddle spatula to press the tortilla down. Flip after 3-4 minutes, once the bison has developed a nice brown crust on it. As soon as you flip it, place a slice of cheese on the meat. Continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes until the tortilla is golden brown.
- Top the smash burger tacos with the sauce, and your favourite burger toppings!
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
1 454g package Extra Lean Ground Noble Premium Bison
6 medium, soft tortillas (5.5inch round)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp (30ml) avocado oil
4 slices cheddar cheese
Smash Burger Sauce:
1/4 cup (60ml) mayonnaise
2 tbsp (30ml) ketchup
1 tsp (5ml) white vinegar
1 tbsp (15ml) mustard
1 tbsp (15ml) relish
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) onion powder
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) sugar
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) your favourite BBQ seasoning
Red onion, finely chopped
Pickles, finely chopped
Iceberg lettuce, finely sliced