Bison Hand Pies
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 35-40 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Serves: 4-5
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- In a medium sized bowl, combine bison, bbq rub, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire, garlic, breadcrumbs and parsley. Mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Set aside.
- Roll out dough, and use a glass or cookie cutter to cut into 8-9 rounds. Place half the rounds on cookie sheet. Make 4-5 equal portions of the filling, and place over the rounds.
- Place the other half of the rounds on a cutting board, and use a Halloween (or any decorative design) cookie press to imprint a fun shape.
- Use a knife to cut air holes and lightly brush egg wash around filling.
- Position pressed rounds over top of the filling, and use egg wash to brush the tops, and a fork to press the edges together firmly.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 375˚in the oven or on the grill for 35-40 minutes until golden browned and the filling is bubbling.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
400g pie crust (2 standard-sized roll out pie shells)
454g Extra Lean Ground Noble Premium bison
1 Tbsp BBQ rub
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped parsley