Armenian Bison Pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20-25 minutes | Total Time: 30-35 minutes | Serves: 6-8
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Preheat your grill (or oven) to 400°F (200°C). If using your grill, set up the grill for indirect cooking.
- In a bowl, combine the bison with the peppers, garlic, onions, herbs, sun dried tomatoes, spices, egg, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Spread each portion of the bison mixture across the surface of each of the pitas, ensuring that the bison mixture is spread in a thin, even layer. Bring the mixture as close to the edges of the pita as possible.
- Place the pitas on the cool side of the grill (without the heat directly underneath), or on a cookie sheet if using the oven. Grill (or bake) for 20-25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned, and the pita is crispy.
- To serve: Squeeze a bit of lemon on top and some more chopped parsley.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
226g (8oz) Noble Premium Bison Lean or Extra Lean Ground
4 whole wheat or white pitas
1/2 green bell pepper, finely minced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 small onion, finely minced
2 tbsp (30ml) fresh mint leaves, finely minced
2 tbsp (30ml) fresh parsley, finely minced
1/4 cup (57g) sun dried tomatoes, finely minced
1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
1 tsp (5ml) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) red chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon wedges and parsley, for garnish