Grilled Mini Cornbread Bison Sloppy Bobs
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 1 hr | Serves: 12 mini Sloppy Bobs
Created By: Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
Don't wait for Game Day to enjoy these two-bite (or one if you're hungry) delicious appetizers! Sloppy Bobs are Joes tastier cousin, made with nutritious, naturally-raised bison meat. So fire up the grill and get your game on!
Tap For Ingredients
For the Cornbread:
- Combine the dry ingredients in bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix together and spoon into a mini muffin pan.
- Bake in a 400°F preheated grill for 13-15 minutes. Remove from pan, and allow to cool.
- Using a small knife, hollow out a small section of the top of each cornbread. Set aside.
For the Bison Filling:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat, and add bison and BBQ rub.
- Cook until nicely browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic, and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool before spooning into mini cornbread.
- Top with garnishes, like a small dollop of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onion – or whatever you love!
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
- Jamaican Bison Stew
For the Mini Cornbread:
2/3 cup (160 ml) flour
1/2 cup (125 ml) cornmeal
1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
1/3 cup (80 ml) cream
3 tbsp (45 ml) butter, melted
Bison Meat Filling:
8oz (226g) Noble Premium Lean Ground Bison
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely minced
2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tbsp (15 ml) BBQ rub
1/4 cup (60 ml) ketchup
2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp (15 ml) grainy mustard
Tap For Directions