Reverse Seared Deconstructed Bison Caesar Salad
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20-30 min | Total Time: 35-45 min | Serves: 2
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing into a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking – with a hot side, and a cool side. Adjust your dampers so that the temperature of your grill is hovering just above 200°F.
- Pat the steak with a paper towel to absorb moisture. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the cool side of the grill, and shut the lid. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. If you like your steak medium rare, pull it off at rare (120°F) as it will continue to climb in temperature when you sear it. Don’t cook past medium.
- Once it reaches your desired internal temperature, throw it directly on the coals for a few seconds per side, until you get a nice, crusty brown exterior. Allow to rest before slicing against the grain.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine leaves on a wooden board, and top with remaining ingredients, finishing with the sliced bison steak. Drizzle some of the dressing on top.
For the Caesar Dressing:
½ cup (125ml) mayonnaise
2-3 anchovy fillets
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp (15ml) Dijon mustard
1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
1 tbsp (15ml) capers
1 tsp (5ml) Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup (60ml) Parmesan cheese
Pepper to taste
1 8oz (226g) Noble Premium Bison Steak (Ribeye, Striploin or Top Sirloin)
1 head romaine lettuce, with the bottom cut off, washed and dried
¼ cup (60ml) Parmesan cheese, shredded
¼ of a baguette, thinly sliced and grilled
1 small shallot, finely sliced
Lemon wedges and capers, for garnish