Flattop Korean Bison BBQ
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15-17 minutes | Total Time: 25-27 minutes | Serves: 2-4
Created By: MADDIE & KIKI, CANADA’S TOP FEMALE GRILLMASTERS
To make the marinade, combine all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over onion and bison. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat griddle to medium high heat. Spread oil on top of griddle.
- Cook mushrooms until golden browned – about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bison and onions from the marinade, and onto the griddle with the mushrooms.
- Stirring consistently, griddle for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Add the marinade to the griddle, little by little until most of the liquid is evaporated – another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over rice, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
More Maddie & Kiki Recipes
226g 8oz Noble Premium Bison Steak Cubes
227g cremini mushrooms, chopped
1/2 a small onion, finely sliced
2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
For the marinade:
1/2 an Asian pear, cored, and chopped
1/2 a small onion
3-4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce (low sodium, if preferred)
1 tbsp (15ml) rice vinegar
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
2 tsp (10ml) sesame oil
2 tsp (10ml) sriracha
2 tbsp (30ml) honey
1 tbsp (5ml) balsamic vinegar