Mediterranean Bison Bennies
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 4 bennies
Created By: Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the bison sausage patties.
- Form into four equal patties. Place each patty on a parchment lined baking sheet, pressing them to 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Pro tip: Place the tray in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. This will allow the patties to firm up slightly, and make transferring them onto the grill easier!
- Preheat grill to 450-500°F. Grill patties over direct heat until an internal temperature of 150-155°F is achieved for medium well – approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
To make the hollandaise:
- Add all ingredients except the melted butter to a blender, and blend on high for 15-20 seconds until fully blended.
- With the blender on high speed, slowly add the melted butter, in a consistent, steady stream (carefully using the small opening in the blender lid). Blend for another 40-45 seconds.
Place a slice of baguette on a plate. Top with some rapini, one bison patty, one poached egg, a good dollop of the hollandaise, and garnish with a little more sun dried tomato and capers. Talk about Sunday brunch at its finest!
More Maddie and Kiki Recipes
For the bison breakfast patties:
226g (8oz) lean ground Noble Premium Bison
1 finely chopped shallot
1 tsp (5ml) Worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) dried oregano
1/4 tsp (1ml) smoked paprika
1/4 tsp (1ml) dried chilies
Salt and pepper to taste
For the sun dried tomato & caper hollandaise sauce:
3 egg yolks, at room temperature
1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
1 tsp (5ml) dijon mustard
1 tsp (5ml) capers
2-3 sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup (125ml) butter, melted
Thick-cut slices of toasted, buttered baguette
4 poached eggs
Garlicky rapini, capers, thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes