Bison Striploin with Romesco Sauce and Rapini
Prep Time: 50 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 1 hr 15 min (+10 min standing time) | Serves: 4
- Romesco Sauce: In food processor, pulse together almonds and garlic until coarsely ground. Add roasted red peppers, tomato, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika and smoked paprika; pulse until smooth. Stir in parsley; set aside.
- Pan-Seared Bison Striploin Steaks: Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Season all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large heavy-bottom skillet set over medium-high heat; sear steaks for 2 minutes per side. Stir in butter, thyme, rosemary and garlic. Baste steak with melted butter; cook for 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked as desired. Transfer to plate; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Keep warm.
- Roasted Rapini and Blistered Tomatoes: Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Toss together rapini, half each of the olive oil, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Arrange on one half of unlined baking sheet. Toss together tomatoes, and remaining olive oil, salt and pepper; arrange on remaining half of baking sheet. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until rapini is tender and tomatoes start to blister.
- Smear 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the Romesco Sauce onto each plate. Slice bison steak and serve with rapini and tomatoes on each plate.
- Substitute broccoli florets or broccolini for rapini if desired.
- Prepared jarred roasted red peppers to cut down on prep time.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained roasted red peppers
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
Pan-Seared Bison Striploins:
- 4 Noble Premium Bison Striploin steaks
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
Roasted Rapini and Blistered Tomatoes:
- 1 bunch rapini, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby cherry tomatoes