Tuscan Bison & Gnocchi Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour + 15 minutes | Serves: 4
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium high heat (on the stove or the grill, over direct heat) for 3-4 minutes. Add the avocado oil and allow to warm for 2 minutes.
- Add the bison cubes in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Do not stir, but allow to brown for 5-6 minutes before attempting to move. If the cubes are sticking to the bottom, it simply means they aren’t browned yet, and aren’t ready to release from the bottom.
- Once browned on all sides, add the butter, then the onion, celery and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the tamari, sun dried tomatoes, oregano, and vegetable broth. Cover and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the bison is tender.
- Add the gnocchi and cook according to package directions. Stir in the spinach, basil, cream and cook until the spinach wilts. Season to taste.
- Garnish with chopped chives or basil.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
1 tbsp (15ml) avocado oil
1 8oz (226g) package Noble Premium Bison steak cubes
2 tbsp (30ml) butter
1 medium sized onion, chopped
2-3 stalks celery, chopped
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp (15ml) tamari
3/4 cups (190ml) sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp (5ml) dried oregano
3 1/2 (875ml) cups vegetable broth
3-4 cups (approximately 113g) fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup (125ml) fresh basil, chopped
1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Chives or basil, chopped (for garnish)