Smoked Bison Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes | Serves: 4 scotch eggs
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Cook your eggs to your preferred level of doneness. Once the shells are removed, use a paper towel to make sure they are as dry as possible. This will help the meat adhere to the egg.
- Preheat your charcoal grill to 400°F. For even smokier flavour, add a chunk of fruit wood before dumping in your lit coals – apple and peach are perfect for this recipe!
- In a large bowl, mix the bison, along with the egg, oil, breadcrumbs, and all spices. Mix gently but thoroughly to combine. Divide the mixture into four equal balls.
- Use your hands to flatten each ball into a thin patty. Wrap each patty around a boiled egg, and press firmly to make sure the eggs are evenly covered with the bison mixture.
- Place the eggs over indirect heat in the grill (over the side that doesn’t have the hot coals underneath). Close the lid, and allow to cook for 40 minutes. Remove lid, brush the eggs with BBQ sauce, close the lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
4 boiled eggs
454g Extra Lean Ground Noble Premium Bison
1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) olive oil
1/3 cup (80ml) breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) dry mustard
1 tsp (5ml) fennel seeds
1 tsp (5ml) onion powder
1 tsp (5ml) garlic powder
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt
Black pepper to taste
1/4 cup (60ml) BBQ sauce