Bison Ribeye Roast
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour 15 min | Serves: 12
Created By: The Pioneer Woman
Tap For Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 260°C
- Cut rib loin in half (roast halves separately for more controlled/even cooking.)
- Sear both halves in olive oil over very high heat until nice dark golden color. Place tricolor peppercorns into a bag, crush pepper corns with a rolling pin. Strip the leaves from the rosemary and thyme springs. Mix salt, crushed peppercorns, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves and garlic.
- Pour olive oil over the rib loin and pour on the rub mix. Pat slightly to get it to stick to the meat. Roast for 20-30 minutes at 260 degrees, then reduce heat to 150°C and roast for another 20 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 50C for rare/medium rare (roast will continue to cook slightly after removing from the oven.)
- If you’d like the meat more cooked, leave it in the oven longer. Just keep an eye on the meat thermometer and don’t let it cook past medium rare!
- Using a meat thermometer is very important to ensure you cook the meat to your liking
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- You can buy half this quantity of meat and just proceed with the preparation instructions. You’ll wind up with one prime rib instead of two!
- 1 whole Rib Eye Roast (boneless or bone-in Prime Rib – about 6 kg)
- 60 mL Olive oil
- 150 g Kosher salt
- 50 g Tri-color Peppercorns (or Any Peppercorns)
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 68 g Minced garlic
Tap For Directions