Bison Ribeye Roast
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour 15 min | Serves: 12
Created By: The Pioneer Woman
IMPORTANT: USE A MEAT THERMOMETER! COOKING TIMES MAY VARY WIDELY.
- Preheat oven to 260°C
- Cut rib loin in half (roast halves separately for more controlled/even cooking.)
- Sear both halves in olive oil over very high heat until nice dark golden color. Place tricolor peppercorns into a bag, crush pepper corns with a rolling pin. Strip the leaves from the rosemary and thyme springs. Mix salt, crushed peppercorns, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves and garlic.
- Pour olive oil over the rib loin and pour on the rub mix. Pat slightly to get it to stick to the meat. Roast for 20-30 minutes at 260 degrees, then reduce heat to 150°C and roast for another 20 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 50C for rare/medium rare (roast will continue to cook slightly after removing from the oven.)
NOTE: If you’d like the meat more cooked, leave it in the oven longer. Just keep an eye on the meat thermometer and don’t let it cook past medium rare! **USING A MEAT THERMOMETER IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ENSURE YOU COOK THE MEAT TO YOUR LIKING***
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 20 minutes before slicing.
NOTE: You can buy half this quantity of meat and just proceed with the preparation instructions. You’ll wind up with one prime rib instead of two!
- 1 whole Rib Eye Roast (I Use Boneless, But You Can Do More Traditional Bone-in Prime Rib) About 6 kg
- 60 ML Olive Oil
- 150 g Kosher Salt
- 50 g Tri-color Peppercorns (or Any Peppercorns)
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 68 g Minced Garlic