Pulled Bison Sliders Three Ways
Prep Time: 45 min | Cook Time: 3 hrs | Total Time: 3 hrs 45 min | Serves: 12 sliders
Bursting with a medley of flavours, these Noble Premium Bison sliders make an impressive appetizer or dinner main that will please any guest at your table.
Tap For Ingredients
- Pulled Bison: Pat bison dry with paper towel; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook bison for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to plate. Stir onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary into skillet; cook for 3 to 5 minutesor until slightly softened. Pour in stock, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil. Return bison to pan; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until very tender.
- Transfer bison to large bowl; let rest for 10 minutes. Shred bison using two forks. Toss with some of the cooking juices. Return to skillet; keep warm.
- Sliders with Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola: Stir together mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice and mustard; spread over 4 slider buns. Top with arugula. Divide one-third of the pulled bison among buns; top with caramelized onions and blue cheese.
- Sliders with Kimchi & Bacon: Stir together mayonnaise and gochujang. Spread over 4 slider buns. Divide one-third of the pulled bison among buns; top with bacon, kimchi, cucumber and sesame seeds.
- Sliders with Mango Chutney & Yogurt Sauce: In saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine mango, raisins, sugar, vinegar, shallot, garlic, ginger, mustard seeds, cardamom pods, clove, crushed coriander, cumin and chili flakes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring frequently to prevent scorching, for 10 to 15 minutesor until thickened. Let cool completely.
- Stir together yogurt, mint, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Spread chutney over 4 slider buns. Top with spinach. Divide remaining pulled bison and yogurt sauce among buns.
- To make caramelized onions, cook 1 large onion in 4 tsp butter with a pinch of salt and sugar in a saucepan set over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3 pkgs – 1 1/2 lb (700 g) Noble Premium Bison Steak Cubes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) beef stock
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 12 slider buns, split
Sliders with Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) horseradish
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed arugula
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared caramelized onions
- 4 oz (125 g) blue cheese, cut into 4 slices
Sliders with Kimchi & Bacon:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) gochujang sauce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped kimchi
- 12 thin slices cucumber
- 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Sliders with Mango Chutney & Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) golden raisins
- 4 tsp (20 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) mustard seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed coriander seeds and cumin seeds
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) spinach
Tap For Directions