Mini Bison Eggrolls
Prep Time: 1 hour | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes | Serves: 34-36 mini eggrolls
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Finely chop the bison steak into very small pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, grated ginger and lime juice. Add the bison, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour (if you have time, overnight would be ideal).
- Heat a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the bison mixture and cook until the liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before filling.
- Take a wonton wrapper and put it on a cutting board with a point facing you (from your view, it should look like a diamond shape, not a square). Dip your finger in the oil, and run it all along the edges of the wonton wrapper. Place a teaspoon of the filling in the centre. Fold each side in, like a burrito. Then fold the bottom up to the top, ensuring you’re folding as tightly as possible.
- Set your air fryer to air crisp, and air crisp for 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
1 226g (8oz) Inside Round Noble Premium Bison Steak
1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15ml) rice vinegar
1 tbsp (15ml) Hoisin sauce
1 tsp (5ml) sriracha
1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil
1 tsp (5ml) grated ginger
Juice of half a lime
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups (500ml) savoy cabbage, finely chopped
2 carrot, finely chopped
3 green onions, sliced
1 400g package of wonton wrappers
2 tbsp vegetable oil