Marinated Bison Sirloin Tip Roast with Herbs and Wine
Created By: The Spruce Eats
- About 2 hours before roasting, combine the roast and red wine in a food storage bag; refrigerate.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl about 10 minutes before roasting time.
- Take the roast out of the wine marinade and place it on a rack in baking pan. Rub all over with the herb and seasoning mixture.
- Roast at 350°F (175°C) for about 1 – 1 1/2 hours, or until roast is about 135°F on a meat thermometer for medium-rare.
Optional Gravy With or Without Drippings:
- Put 2 tablespoons of pan drippings (or use butter) in a saucepan and place it over medium heat.
- In a cup or small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water and mix until smooth.
- Add to the drippings and whisk to blend. Add 2 cups of low sodium beef broth or unsalted stock. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with the roast bison.
- 1 Noble Premium Bison sirloin tip roast, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil