Grilled Bison & Radicchio Salad with Fennel & Blood Oranges
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 12 minutes + 10 minutes rest time | Total Time: 32 minutes | Serves: 2-4
Created By: Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Preheat your clean grill to 400-450°F and ensure steak is at room temperature.
- Lightly oil steak, and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- When slicing the radicchio and fennel, leave the core in to ensure the pieces stay intact while grilling. Grill the radicchio over direct heat for one minute per side. Carefully cut off core. Grill the fennel over direct heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Carefully cut off core. Set aside to cool.
- Grill the steak to your internal temperature of choice, but we recommend no more than medium for best results. For medium rare, that’s 130-135°F. Rest for 10 minutes, before thinly slicing.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small jar, and shake vigorously. Resist adding extra salt – the miso is salty and does all the work for you!
- To assemble the salad, arrange radicchio, bison, fennel, red onion and oranges haphazardly on a plate. Top with fennel fronds and dressing.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
- Jamaican Bison Stew
1 226g (8oz) Noble Premium Bison Ribeye Steak
1 head radicchio, sliced into wedges
1 fennel bulb, sliced into wedges (reserving the fronds for garnish)
1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
3 tbsp (45ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15ml) white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp (5ml) white miso
Juice of half a blood orange