Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes | Serves: 4 scotch eggs
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the bison and cook for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the shallot, garlic, pepper, spices, chili and stir. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Divide the sauce evenly among three, oven proof ramekins that have lids.
Pro Tip: Crack an egg into each ramekin and add the lid. Place in preheated 400°F oven/grill, and cook the eggs to your desired level of doneness (2-4 minutes). Garnish with parsley, scallions and crusty bread.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
226g (8oz) Noble Premium Bison Steak Cubes
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup (80ml) red bell pepper, minced
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) cumin
1 red chili, finely minced
24 fl oz (680ml) crushed tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
For garnish, fresh parsley and scallions