Bison Pistachio Terrine
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Serves: 1-4.5 inch terrine
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Wrap the outside of a 4.5 inch pan with aluminum foil. Layer the slices of prosciutto inside the pan, overlapping one another, and extending beyond the pan. Allow the prosciutto to hang down the sides of the pan (it will be used to cover the meat mixture).
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Place a small amount of the mixture into the pan, pressing down to ensure there are no air pockets. Continue to add the mixture, while pressing down, until you reach the top of the pan, and all of the meat mixture is inside. Cover the mixture with the overhanging prosciutto. Press firmly. Cover the top with aluminum foil, ensuring there’s a tight seal around the pan.
- Place the pan in a baking pan, and fill the pan with water until it reaches halfway up the springform pan. Preheat grill (or oven) to 360°F. Allow the terrine to cook for 60 minutes. Remove from the grill (or oven), and allow to rest for 30 minutes, before removing the foil.
- Carefully remove the terrine from the springform pan, and allow to cool to room temperature on a cooling rack. Once the terrine has cooled to room temperature, cover and continue to chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours. Cut into wedges and serve on a charcuterie board along with pickles, mustard, and spicy onions.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
1 226g (8oz) package Lean Ground Noble Premium Bison
1/4 cup (60ml) roasted and salted pistachios
3-4 slices bacon, finely chopped
1/8 tsp (0.5ml) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) dried thyme leaves
1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) fresh rosemary, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
Black pepper to taste