Bison Nicoise Steak Salad
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 45 min (+ marinating time) | Serves: 4
Classically made with tuna, this salad features grilled marinated bison as a rich and flavourful substitute that turns this lunch salad into a dinner main. In this recipe you can use Noble Premium Bison Marinating or Grilling Steaks.
Tap For Ingredients
- Salad: In shallow dish, stir together wine, oil, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt, pepper and brown sugar; add steaks, tossing to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in pot of boiling salted water for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well; let cool completely and cut in half. Set aside.
- In same pot, cook green beans in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to bowl of ice water to refresh; drain well and set aside.
- Olive Tapenade Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; stir in olives, shallot, thyme and tarragon.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Remove steaks from marinade, shaking off any excess. Discard marinade. Grill steaks for 4 to 5 minutes per sidefor medium-rare or until cooked as desired. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Arrange arugula, tomatoes, potatoes, green beans and sliced steak on 4 plates; drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Add halved hard-boiled eggs to salad if desired.
- Garnish salad with finely crumbled goat cheese if desired.
- 1 cup (250 mL) red wine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) brown sugar
- 4 Noble Premium Bison Inside Round Steaks or Noble Premium Bison Top Sirloin Steaks (2 lb/908 g)
- 1 lb (500 g) mini potatoes
- 1/2 lb (250 g) French green beans, trimmed
- 4 cups (1 L) arugula
- 2 cups (500 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
Olive Tapenade Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped Nicoise olives
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tsp (20 mL) finely chopped fresh tarragon
Tap For Directions