Bison Kababs with Tabbouleh Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 5-6 minutes | Total Time: 25-26 minutes | Serves: 4
Created By: Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Combine the quinoa with the stock in a medium sized sauce pan. Cover and cook for 15-16 minutes over medium heat on low. Uncover and cool to room temperature.
- Measure out one cup of cooked quinoa in a medium sized bowl for the kebabs, and add the remaining quinoa to a large bowl for the tabbouleh salad.
- For the kebabs, combine all ingredients and divide into four equal portions. Using your hand, form each kebab along the skewer.
- Preheat grill to 475° F. Lightly oil the grill so the kababs don’t stick. Grill kebabs over direct heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
- For the tabbouleh salad, add reminding ingredients over the cooked quinoa. Stir well and season to taste.
- To serve, spoon some of the salad into a shallow bowl. Top with one of the skewers, and dollop on some hummus, tzatziki and a forkful of pickled turnip on the side!
More Maddie and Kiki Recipes
1 cup (250ml) dry quinoa
2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
For the kebabs:
1 cup (250ml) cooked quinoa
226g (8oz) lean ground Noble Premium Bison
1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
3/4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) sumac powder
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) dried oregano
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) cumin powder
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt (or less, depending on your tastes)
Black pepper to taste
For the tabbouleh salad:
1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
2 mini cucumbers, finely chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup (125ml) red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup (125ml) fresh mint, finely minced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp (5ml) dried oregano
1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
1/2 cup (125ml) feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
To serve (optional): hummus, tzatziki, pickled turnip