Bison Chedder Sliders
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 12 sliders
Created By: Created by Maddie & Kiki, Canada's Favourite Female Grillmasters
- Season the steak with your favourite BBQ rub, ensuring all sides are well seasoned. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil then the onions, and allow to caramelize for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the balsamic vinegar and set aside. Combine all the ingredients for the horseradish mayo in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill for at least 10-12 minutes on high heat, between 450-500°F. This will ensure that the steak won’t stick to the grates. Grill the steak over direct heat (or, if you’re feeling extra cheeky, directly on the coals ‘caveman style!’) until an internal temperature reaches your desired level of doneness (between 130°-140° for medium rare). This can take anywhere between 2-4 minutes, however make sure you’re focusing on internal temperature, and not time. Remove the steak from the grill, onto a clean plate. Lightly tent with foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Using a bread knife, slice the sweet rolls as one whole loaf, removing the tops from the bottoms. Place the bottoms in a grill pan. Spread the horseradish mayo evenly on both sides. Arrange six slices of cheese on the bottom half. Top with onions, sliced steak, and remaining six slices of cheese. Add the top of the buns. Mix the melted butter with the garlic, and parsley and brush over top of the buns. Reduce the grill temperature to 350°F by adjusting the top and lower vents. Add the buns to the grill for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese melts.
More Chef Recipes
- Peppery Bison Brie Burger with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw – Chef Leandro Vega
- Seventh Fire Burger – Chef Rich Francis
- Surf n’ Turf Bison Burger – Chef Ben Kelly
- Wild Spicin’ Bison Burger – Maddie & Kiki
- Grilled Bison Dressing – Maddie & Kiki
- Warm Bison Steak Salad – Claudio Aprile
- Bison Steak with Truffle Fries – Top Chef Winner Erica Karbelnik
1 8oz (226g) Noble Premium Bison Top Sirloin steak
BBQ rub, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely sliced
1 tbsp (15ml) balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
12 slices cheddar cheese
3 tbsp (45ml) butter, melted
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp (5ml) dried parsley
1 (340g) 12-pack of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
For the horseradish mayo:
1/4 cup (60ml) mayo
1 tbsp (15ml) horseradish
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) garlic powder
Black pepper to taste