Bison Carpaccio with Balsamic Roasted Baby Vegetables, Shiraz Reduction & Asiago
Created By: Bison Producers of Alberta
- Skin and clean the petite tender, cut lengthwise into three equal parts.
- Rub with the chopped mixed herbs and crushed juniper berries.
- Season with salt & crushed black pepper.
- Pan sear in very hot olive oil on all sides. Remove from heat, chill.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Blanch the baby vegetables, chill and set aside for service.
- Unwrap the frozen petite tender; let sit at room temperature for five minutes.
- On a slicer, shave the bison paper thin – it should be almost translucent, but still full slices.
- Lay the slices on the plate as they come off the slicer, forming an attractive pattern over 3/4 of the plate.
- Place an assortment of the blanched vegetables in a pan, with a drizzle of the balsamic reduction, and roast at high heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Drizzle the Shiraz reduction over the sliced carpaccio, and add the roasted vegetables.
- Finish the plate with the shaved Asiago cheese and a twist of fresh black pepper.
- 1 Noble Bison petite tender
- 1 cup total – mixed herbs (equal parts sage, thyme, tarragon)
- 2 tbsp crushed Juniper berries
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 halves baby kohlrabi
- 2 each baby bunch carrots
- 2 halves baby white turnips
- 1 tbsp, as required, balsamic reduction (10:1 reduction)
- 1 tbsp, as required, Shiraz Reduction (10:1 reduction)
- 1oz, as required, shaved Asiago cheese
- Salt & crushed black pepper, to taste