Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 2 hrs 15 min | Total Time: 2 hrs 30 min | Serves: 4
Created By: Amy Reiley
This French classic is made even better with Noble Premium Bison. The perfect comfort food, Bison Bourguignon is elevated for those dinners that need a little special touch.
Tap For Ingredients
- Carefully wash the leeks and halve lengthwise. Cut the white of the leek into ¼-inch half rounds. Save the dark green parts to make a delicious vegetable stock.
- Heat the grape seed oil in a Dutch oven.
- While the oil is heating, season the bison cubes with salt and pepper.
- Add the bison to the Dutch oven and brown for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip to brown on the other side, adding the carrots, leeks, onion and celery.
- Continue to brown the meat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and wine and add the whole thyme sprigs.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer, covered for 2-2 1/2 hours.
- Just before serving, remove the thyme sprigs and gently stir in the buerre manie.
- Allow it to simmer for about a minute to thicken before removing from heat and serving.
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1-1 1/4 lb Bison Steak Cubes
- salt and black pepper
- 4 medium carrots cut into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 leeks
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 2 celery ribs cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp buerre manie*
Here’s a great article in Saveur Magazine on how to make/use buerre manie.
Tap For Directions