Bison Birria Tacos
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes + marinating time | Serves: 12-15 tacos
Who doesn't LOVE birria tacos! Use our Lean Bison Steak Cubes or Bison Inside Round Steak for these slow cooked tacos. Easy to make and messy to eat - the best combo ever! Plus they're super tasty and healthy when you make them with grass raised Noble Premium Bison!
Tap For Ingredients
- Marinade diced bison in ancho, cumin, vegetable oil and lemon juice for at least 1 hour, up to 10 hours.
- Heat a skillet to high and sear marinated bison on all sides. Remove to plate.
- Lower heat to medium, add in ½ of the onion and sauté.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce to half.
- Add in bison meat, diced tomatoes with juice, dried thyme and chipotle puree.
- Put in a braising dish, covered, in a 300°F oven for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool, remove bison from sauce and break up into smaller shreds.
- Reduce sauce on low heat, puree and reserve to serve with tacos.
- Brush tortillas with some sauce and heat on a flat top grill.
- Build tacos with shredded bison, red onions and cilantro. Serve with sauce on the side.
2 lbs Noble Premium Bison Steak Cubes, or
2 lbs Noble Premium Bison Inside Round Steak, cubed
1 tbsp Ancho chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cup red onion, diced, divided
½ cup white wine
1 can diced tomatoes
½ tsp thyme
1 tbsp chipotle puree
½ cup cilantro, chopped
12-15 6” Flour Tortilla
Lime wedges for serving
Tap For Directions