Bibimbap Bison Power Bowl with Quinoa
Prep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 15m | Total Time: 40 min (+30 min standing time) | Serves: 4
Made with quinoa instead of rice, this luscious and nutritious bibimbap with sautéed ground bison is a feast for the eyes and for your taste buds.
Tap For Ingredients
- Quick Pickled Veggies: Toss together carrots, cucumber, vinegar, salt and sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes; drain well.
- Power Bowl: Cook quinoa according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook bison, gochujang, half of the green onions, garlic and ginger for 5 to 8 minutesor until starting to brown. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil and honey; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until bison is cooked through.
- In separate skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutesor until golden and tender.
- Divide quinoa among 4 bowls; top each serving with bison mixture, mushrooms, spinach, pickled veggies and fried egg. Garnish with remaining green onions and sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Substitute cauliflower rice for quinoa if desired.
- Substitute poached or soft-cooked eggs for fried eggs if desired.
Quick Pickled Veggies:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) julienne cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and granulated sugar
- 1 cup (500 mL) quinoa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil, divided
- 454 g / 1 lb Noble Premium Ground Bison
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) gochujang sauce (or siracha)
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/2 lb (250 g) shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 5 oz (150 g) baby spinach, steamed
- 4 eggs, fried
- 4 tsp (20 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Tap For Directions